1/15/2007

147 at 19 , Ding Junhui


Ding Junhui became the youngest player to score a maximum 147 break live on television on Sunday, beating the previous record set by Ronnie O'Sullivan by almost three years.

The Chinese player, aged 19 years and nine months, set the record as he swept aside fellow wildcard entry Anthony Hamilton 6-3 on the first day of the Masters Tournament.

There have been 27 other televised maximum breaks in the history of the sport, the first going back to 1982 when Briton Steve Davis achieved the feat.

"I didn't realise I was the youngest and I am very happy to go into the record books for the youngest scorer of a 147 break - I am feeling really special," Ding said.

"I felt the nerves on the last red to the middle pocket and the final black."

O'Sullivan scored his televised 147 at the world championships in 1997 when he was 22.

Source: Eurosport

No comments: